Ads 468x60px

Dear family & friends

Dear Family and Friends,

I understand why many of you were deeply concerned with my previous letter.  I would like to address many of your concerns after I sent it.  I’m also aware that my original letter was a bit long and most, if not all of you haven’t read through it.  For those of you who read or skimmed though it you probably noticed that most of it was quotes and documents that I pulled from my own personal research.  So I apologize for those of you who weren’t interested in reading or seeing that stuff.

My purpose was that I wanted all of you to see the things that I hadn’t seen or heard of before.  Most of that research consisted of things that were somewhat troubling and difficult to understand.  I apologize if any of that information was offensive or hurtful to any of you.  It was not my intention to hurt anyone, I just felt like this information was too important to not share.

There are a few things that I would like to reiterate to all of you.  Most of you know that I have believed in the truthful claims of the Church for my entire life.  I have dedicated most of my life, time, and money to the Church.  When I decided to face the questions that my research raised, my entire world collapsed.  Please know that I strongly resisted the decision to face these questions and doubts for a long time.  Everyone has some unanswered questions that we put away in the hopes that we will eventually get the answers later in life or in the next life.  Well, I quickly became overwhelmed with more and more questions during my research that eventually it became impossible to not face them.

Well, now that I have found most of the answers to many of those daunting questions it has left me in a very difficult spot.  It puts me in a very different place than where I have been my entire life.  I’m now in uncharted territory.  Truth is, I have never been more scared in my entire life.  I wouldn’t wish this path for anyone.  It has not been fun by any means.  I am now surrounded by all kinds of doubt and uncertainty.  And I have no idea what my future entails.  All of you get to sleep at night with the certainty that your faith in the church secures your soul and your future.  I no longer have that luxury.

I know that my decision has hurt and possibly destroyed many relationships with some of you.  I know that many of you will never forgive me.  Some of you would rather see me pass away rather than see me leave the Church.  You may not believe me, but I understand those feelings and I really do sympathize with you.


Some of you have asked me what you could do for me.  My only request would be that you would just try to understand my position.  I know that for some of you that will never ever happen, but if you really want to understand why I would do such a thing, maybe you could take a few moments to see things from my perspective for a change.  Maybe then you could see that my intentions have never been negative.

I still love each and every one of you.  I have not turned my back on anyone who still chooses to believe in the Church. Please believe me, I would never try to turn any of you away from the Church.  I have said my peace.  I just hope that before any of you condemn me any further you will give me a chance to explain myself.  Please call or email me any questions or concerns.  I really do hope that we can all get on the same page and not let this become something destructive and regretful.
 
Sincerely,
Anonymous

0 comments:

Post a Comment

who we are

Welcome to The Peacewriter.

We all want to belong somewhere, to someone. It is a basic human need.

If you have ever experienced a period of doubt or questioned your beliefs in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, you know that this is not a minor thing. It is tantamount to a crisis, and one that can be life altering.

Lose your testimony, and you stand to lose everything that matters.

There are those who exist on the fringes of the Church, who feel disenfranchised, even unwanted. If you are single, gay or lesbian, feminist, atheist, or uncorrelated, it can be tough to feel like a part of the community. You may feel that you do not belong.

You belong here.

If you have ever loved someone who endured a faith crisis, you know that there are a lot of gray areas. Uncertainty is the dominant force; black and white become moot points.

Those who have walked the same path share a common bond, understood by few who have not traveled the same road.

This is the place to share common experiences, to find a voice, to be heard. This is the place to seek after peace, and to find it in the common ties we share.

This is The Peacewriter.


Please visit, and visit often. We intend to post new submissions regularly. If you want to contact us directly, click on the Contact Page or email us at thepeacewriter@gmail.com.


We welcome your feedback and submissions.